Day To Night Makeup // Ft Wet n Wild Vanity Palette + Swatches

I love posting day to night makeup looks, mainly because there are only a few elements that you need to change in order from it going to a wearable day time look to a sexy & smoky night time eye. Here I am "showcasing" the Wet n Wild Vanity palette. The decision to go out this night was last minute so I didn't have time to completely change it up so it was easy to intensify what I had on from the day.


 Day


 To me this day look is quite boring, not enough definition in the outer v, I kept the lower lash line almost bare with just a bit of eyeliner in the waterline & the eyeliner is not dark enough, personally. But it looked nice with the glowy cheeks & lips. Maybe I shouldn't say boring but it doesn't do anything special for me.
I am really sorry but I cannot remember what I am wearing on the rest of my face! Apart from the usual foundation/ highlight/ bronzer.

Night
As I mentioned I didn't have too much time to change it up. Whenever I apply over old makeup I always reapply my primer which acts sort of like a cleanser in a way, and nothing cakes up. I even used my eye primer over the eyes & reapplied the eyeshadow for more colour. I did the usual winged eyeliner & also applied eyeliner on the lower lashline & waterline unblended for a more dramatic look. Add more more mascara & it's complete. I also kept under my eyes highlighted & started contouring from the temple to leave the highlight more defined.

~Products
Face: Models Prefer illuminizer, Australis Paparazzi Perfect foundation, Rimmel Wake Me Up, Garnier BB Cream (I do these all over my face & blend with my Real Techniques buffing brush for a flawless finish) Maybelline Age Rewind concealer, set with Palladio Rice powder. NARS Laguna, MAC Lightscapade. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Warm Soul, Nars Orgasm
Eyes: MAC Painterly Paintpot, Vani-t Shadestick [light gold], Wet n Wild Vanity Palette: Gold [lid], Bronze [outer lid], Soft brown [crease] Dark brown [outer v, crease] Matte skintone [highlight, blending] Shimmery highlight [inner corners]. Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner. Bourjois Kohl & Contour pencil e/l with BYS Gel eyeliner.
Lips: Bourjois Levres Contour pencil #11, Nyx Black Label Lipstick in Nude, Nyx Glam Lipgloss Aqua Luxe in VIP


Swatches


The Wet n Wild Vanity palette offers 6 brown/ gold toned shades perfect for any neutral & wearable look. All swatches are done over Nyx's Base in White as I would always use them over the top of any kind of sticky base. I patted them on with a brush to get ultimate pigmentation, so be aware if you were to swatch it without any base it would not show up as pigmented.

Starting from the 1st row, top to bottom:
Left:
-A pinkish skin coloured base, good for blending or as a highlight. Meant to be similar to MAC Brule
-A mid toned soft brown good for in the crease or to blend out. Similar to UD Buck.
-A darker brown good for defining the lash line or outer v. Meant to be very similar to MAC Handwritten
Right:
 -A vanilla toned light shimmery highlight colour. Similar to MAC Shroom?
-Gold, beautiful lid colour. Similar to UD Half Baked
-Bronze-brown, a nice pair with the gold. In between UD Darkhorse & Smog.
 The left side has a matte finish and the right side is shimmery, if you couldn't tell by the swatches.

I have been (up until now) using the darker matte & soft brown colours to fill in my eyebrows as I have almost finished the brown from my Sleek Storm palette but now I have my NYX eyebrow kit.

How do you take your makeup from day to night?

Thank you for looking, as always!
xx

Please follow me on Bloglovin', the link is on the left sidebar, as GFC is closing down from July 1st.
You can also import all your blogs into bloglovin by clicking on the link they have left in the note on the website :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments