MAC Cream Colour Base & Blush // Mini Haul & Review, Swatches

I was lucky I found this sale on ozsale.com.au when I did as it was on it's last day just over a month back. This MAC sale was only including face & cheek products, and always they didn't have the biggest range to choose from. I was still happy to pick up one blush & 2 Cream Colour Base's. (CCB)
As far as I know MAC goes on sale from ozsale around every 6 months, but I am not too sure about it. Any aussies should sign up to get emails so they don't miss out!
Ah my shadows! Found it very hard to have them not show up.
 Powder blush in Her Blooming Cheek
 This is my first blush from MAC that is not a Sheertone or Mineralize Skin Finish so I was surprised at how pigmented it was with my first swatch. It is a bright fuchsia pink with a satin finish that can look quite daunting in the pan but if you use a light hand with the right kind of brush & tap off the excess you should have no problem to avoid looking like a clown. I think this would be a gorgeous winter colour. However I have read that it is limited edition but I was able to score it off ozsale for some reason, so I apologize that it will most likely be hard to find. 6g for $22 normally AU$41)

Cream Colour Base in Pearl
  I bought this to use under my MAC Lightscapade highlighter as it seemed to be a very similar colour, which it is. I love to use it on the tops of my cheek bones & cupids bow, and I'm sure it could also be used in the inner corner of the eyes. Pearl is a boney-white colour with an obvious frost finish. I probably wouldn't use it on it's own just to ensure longevity with the highlighter on top. 3.2g for $20 (normally AU$36)

Cream Colour Base in Hush
  I've heard that Hush was good to use as a base for powder blushes, but I did not know that it was also a highlight shade, too. It is a light peachy colour with the same frost finish like Pearl. I haven't tried it under a blush yet but I did use it on top of a primer on my eyes as a base (colour reminded me of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yoghurt) but I would not recommend doing this as it caused creasing when the NYX pencil doesn't. (depending on how much you apply, of course). 3.2g for $20

I find the CCB can attract brush hairs & any dirt or foundation on your fingers quite easily, but as long as you wipe your fingers in between each swipe it should be ok or try not to double dip. This is only a minor thing and can easily occur with any cream product.

Obviously as they are cream-based they wont last as long on oily skin as it would on dry, but if you do want to try it, just top it up with a powder highlight as I do anyway. They would also be better to use in the winter months for that gorgeous luminous glow.

Swatches
 Top to bottom: Hush, Pearl, Her Blooming Cheek
 Wearing Her Blooming Cheek as a blush, and Cream Colour Base in Pearl underneath Lightscapade. This is about 5 hours after initial application.

Have you tried any of these products and what do you think of them?

xx

Comments